Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Watchmen - Alan Moore


A few weeks ago I read a chunk of Watchmen. Having watched the movie first I have to say it sticks pretty close to the novel. (As far as i've read) Many of my friends who have read it entirely and watched the movie disagree with me completely. Visually the movie might be more appealing in my opinion. The colors used in the comic are solid, flat and make the world a bit static. This is probably the only thing that bothered me about it. The content itself is great. It's incredibly well written and reads like a really good crime/mystery novel. Even though i've seen the movie the comic gets deeper into the situation the heroes are in and gives you a closer glimpse into their psychologies and personas. I liked how they included pages from the fictional novel from the old Nite Owl, "Under the Hood", to develop the story more. I also like how actual historical events were influenced by the characters in the novel. Overall this is a more adult and sophisticated super hero comic than most out there and I can't wait to finish it in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment